About this activity
The Gros Piton hike begins as you are picked up in comfortable transportation from your hotel. From there, you will drive through the city of Castries, then up the picturesque hill of Fortune de Morne. Get your camera ready because you will need it with all the beautiful landscapes!
The drive continues through the Ruseaou Valley, which gives you an excellent view of a banana plantation and its endless palm tree fields. You will also pass through two towns, Anse la Raye, famous for its Fish Fry Friday, and Canaries, a quaint fishing village. Finally, you will pass through Soufriere and onto the foot of the Gros Piton mountain, the second-highest on the island, where you will surely fall in love with its breathtaking views.
Get your hiking boots ready! The first part of the climb is a moderate one, and it is ideal to prepare you for the second half, which is more strenuous. If the participant is an experienced or fairly good hiker, the climb should take approximately two hours up and two hours down, including all the stops made along the way. Don't miss out on a fantastic day surrounded by the most beautiful sceneries in the wilderness of St. Lucia!
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: 7+
Child age: 7 to 10 years
Free Child age: N/A
- Dare to live a great hiking experience at Gros Piton
- Comfortable roundtrip transportation
- Enjoy the stunning countryside views
- Pass through Castries, Morne Fortune, Anse la Raye, Canaries, and the Roseau Valley
- Lunch included
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring swimsuit
- Bring towels
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Wear hat or cap
- Wear sunglases
- Bring extra cash
- Wear walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Tour available for the zones: Cap Estate, Castries, Marigot, Marisule, and Royalton Saint Lucia.
- Please confirm with your representative the list of hotels for each zone.
Wheelchair Accesible: No
Activity Level: Strenuous